We consulted on the preservation and restoration of this antebellum mansion now open as Memphis' premier historic house museum. The project required strict adherence to the National Historic Registry guidelines. Through a combination of intense hand labor, custom millworking and wood restoration epoxy, key components were returned to functional utility and historic authenticity. Our methodology was; "if it's vaguely salvageable, work with it...if it's not, duplicate it."
The two-story Spanish Mission style building was the last original building to be constructed on the Porter-Leath campus. All of the buildings on the campus were accepted onto the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, making the renovation guidelines stringent. Originally used as a home for older girls, the renovated structure now houses offices, conference facilities, a training area for new families, children�s play room and service areas for Porter-Leath�s adoption program.
Originally built as the C. Hunter Raine House and designed by W.J. Dodd, architect, in 1905 this stately home has been through several iterations during its life, including a school for the blind. It is widely considered one of the grandest Colonial Revival homes in Memphis. Architecture, Incorporated completely renovated the house including the addition of a detached garage and guest wing. Work included a new master suite and kitchen.